Wisan your experienced Chiang Mai Lanna House Real Estate Agent.
Wisan 082-895-2733

Chiang Mai Lanna House
Real Estate

Esther your experienced Chiang Mai Lanna House Real Estate Agent.
Esther 085-614-8205
/ 099-049-2478

Introduction to Chiang Mai


Houses for Sale
Houses for Rent
Condos for Sale
Condos for Rent
Land for Sale
Resorts for Sale
Resorts for Rent
Hotels for Sale
Guesthouses for Sale
Apartment Bldgs for Sale
Warehouse for sale
Warehouse for rent
Factory for sale
Factory for rent
Business for sale
Business for rent
Real Estate Info
Contact Us
Site Map


Beautiful Chiang Mai Land for Sale

Return to Real Estate Information List


Introduction to Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai (เชียงใหม่) is a wonderful place to live.  In a recent Asia-wide poll, Chiang Mai was voted the 9th most Livable City in Asia.  There has been a noticeable influx of foreigners settling in Chiang Mai.  What may be most attractive to new residents may be it’s Laid Back, Unhurried Character, Impressive History and Culture, Cooler Weather and Lovely Nature Areas.  Please contact your Chiang Mai Lanna House Agent if you have any Questions about living in Chaing Mai.

Chiangmai, 700 kilometers (450 miles) north of Bangkok is the second largest city in Thailand.  Chiang Mai is located on a plain at an elevation of 310 meters (1,027 feet) above Sea Level.  There are Mountains all around the Valley rising to heights of more than 2,500 meters.  Doi Inthanon (2,565 meters) is the highest mountain peak in Chaingmai.

Chiang Mai Province has a population of approximately 1,600,000 with about 172,000 living in Chiang Mai City.  80% of the population are local Thai people who were born here and speak Kam Muang, a language close to Siamese but with some subtitle differences and it’s own distinctive script.  The other 20% is made up of southern Thais, Chinese, Indians, and an increasing number of Foreigners (Farangs).

The term Kam Muang refers to all the people living in Lanna, or upper Northern Thailand, which is made up of the Provinces of Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lampang, Lamphun, Phrae, Nan, Phayao, and Mae Hong Son.

With Doi Suthep Mountain to the North and the beautiful Ping River running down the East side of the city, Chiang Mai lies in a fertile plain partly surrounded by wooded hills.  Nature has been kind to Chaing Mai with majestic mountains and valleys along with other beautiful scenery including hills, streams, waterfalls, lakes, caves, Hill Tribe Villages, fields, orchids, elephant camps, butterfly farms, trekking tours, and river rafting trips.

Chiang Mai was the capital of the Lanna Kingdom and was founded in the 13th century.  It is one of the oldest cities in Thailand and has a Small-Town, Old-World attitude completely different from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok.  The Lanna Style is a separate cultural heritage with a relaxed and laid-back attitude toward life.

Chiang Mai was originally named "Nopburi Srinakornping Chiangmai"  meaning the new city.  Changmai is now known as the “Rose of the North”.

Chaing Mai has a significant Expatriate (Expat) Population with many Religious Organizations and Cultural Activities.

The Thai People are an unforgettable part of Chiang Mai. Handicrafts of silk, silver and wood are unique souvenirs for visitors from all over the globe. A wide variety of accommodations, restaurants, and entertainment all help to make Chiang Mai one of Thailand's prime tourist attractions.

Thailand was known as part of Siam until 1939 when it was known as the “Land of Smiles” which is still true today.  Try it yourself.  Catch the eye of a Thai person and flash them a Smile.  You will get a Great Smile back.  We at Chiang Mai Lanna House believe the old saying which states: “Smiles are FREE, give yours AWAY”.

There are plenty of Shopping Areas and International Schools and Universities for the kids.  With the population spread out between Chiang Mai City and the outlying areas, there is never that crowded feeling you get from Bangkok.  It still feels like a Small to Medium size city with the Friendliness you expect from the Thai people.

Chiang Mai Lanna House is waiting to help you find your Temporary House or Condo for a year or two Rental or the Purchase of a new family Home.  Chiang Mai Lanna House has established Real Estate Agents to serve you.

Here is one of the standard maps showing: Chiang Mai City and the area around Chiang Mai.

Thailand is a great place to invest in Real Estate.  Chiang Mai has modest prices for purchasing property.  The resale market is growing as the city grows with the increase of the Middle Class.  Rental properties are also available in many prices and types of houses. Let the Chiang Mai Lanna House professionals help you with all your Real Estate and Business needs.


Return to Real Estate Information List

Chiang Mai Realestate Search by Map
Search by Map
Search by Price
Search by code
Area Name
Search by Part of Town
Copyright © Chiang Mai Lanna House Real Estate